A.53 Development of technologies to support wildfire science, management and disaster mitigation (FireTech) Final Te
Nasa [Smd] ROSES-22 Amendment 24: A.53 Development of Technologies to Support Wildfire Science, Management and Disaster Mitigation (FireTech) Final Te
Status report from: NASA Science Mission Directorate
Posted: Friday June 10th 2022
A major objective of A.53 Development of technologies to support wildfire science, management and disaster mitigation (FireTech) is to demonstrate improved forest fire management through the use of novel suborbital platforms. Through close coordination with ARMD, the project intends to demonstrate new observation capabilities through the use of next-generation platforms that will enable high-resolution measurements while effectively “watching” critical targets for long periods of time. days or even months. The program seeks ideas that cover observation and information system technologies that:
· Improve the capabilities of existing scientific instruments needed to monitor pre-fire, active and post-fire environments;
· Reduce the mass and power of instruments for hosting next-generation small spacecraft and aerial platforms;
· Enable unprecedented measurements from multiple vantage points through coordinated, model-driven observations using autonomous tasks;
· Address computational challenges for modeling and for data acquisition, fusion and processing in a real-time environment;
· Facilitate machine learning and artificial intelligence to create new data products needed for wildfire management and observation platform constellation management;
· Enable the seamless exchange of information between space, airborne and on the spot assets.
Amendment ROSES-2022 24 publishes the final text and deadlines for A.53 Fire Tech. Stage 1 proposals can be submitted at any time, but will be reviewed quarterly beginning with those submitted before August 2, 2022, see section 2. Stage 2 proposals are by invitation only.
On or about June 10, 2022, this amendment to the NASA Research Announcement “Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) 2022” (NNH22ZDA001N) will be posted on the homepage NASA research opportunities at http://solicitation.nasaprs.
The main point of contact for A.53 Fire Tech is Michael Seablom who can be reached at [email protected] Other points of contact are David Green ([email protected]), Barry Lefer ([email protected]), and Michael Falkowski ([email protected]).
// end //
No more status reports and press releases or headline stories.
Please follow SpaceRef on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.