Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center to host “accelHERate” event
Women interested in starting or growing their own businesses can learn from other women who excel in research, innovation and business at “accelHERate,” presented by the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center.
The center will hold two “accelHERate” forums live on Zoom on March 8, International Women’s Day. This is the fifth consecutive year for ASBTDC to host accelHERate and the second year for the virtual format.
Each forum will share lessons learned and tips for budding entrepreneurs. Topics will include management and growth strategies, startup mistakes and how to avoid them, key skills for entrepreneurial success, and research commercialization strategies. A question and answer period will follow.
Each session has its own composition of four speakers. The panel of the 12 p.m.-1.30 p.m. session:
- Dr. Dale McManis, CEO of NeuroMed Pro
- Dr. Karen Ballard, co-founder and CEO of B&B Legacy Farms
- Yessica Jones, Head of Delivery Management at Microsoft
- Daniel Dozier, CEO of the GSS Group
Speakers for the 2-3:30 p.m. session, hosted by ASBTDC at Arkansas State University, include:
- Luna Acosta, Director of Intellectual Property and Marketing, Director of the Catalyst Innovation Center, Arkansas State University
- Tiffny Calloway, Director of Operations, Delta Population Health Institute, New York Institute of Technology
- April Roy, CEO of femPAQ
- Dr. Hilary Schloemer, Assistant Professor of Management, Arkansas State University Neil Griffin College of Business
There is no cost to participate. Register at asbtdc.org/asbtdc-events.