PUMA’s New Flagship Store in NYC Seamlessly Integrates Technology, Art and Music for a One-of-a-Kind Retail Experience
CUSTOMIZATION WORKSHOP AND TECHNOLOGY-FOCUSED ENGAGEMENT ZONES GIVE CONSUMERS A SHOPPING EXPERIENCE LIKE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE SEEN BEFORE
WESTFORD, Mass., August 29, 2019 / PRNewswire / – PUMA today opens the doors of its very first flagship store in North America, located at 609 Fifth Avenue in New York City. With a focus on cutting-edge technology and products, the store showcases an immersive PUMA brand space, providing consumers with a unique shopping experience through innovative sports engagement zones, a personalization studio, and deals. digitally connected. The store has 18,000 square feet of interactive retail space on two floors, with state-of-the-art double-height storefronts on 160 feet of wraparound frontage.
“PUMA is delighted to open its first flagship in New York City, initially Manhattan location, which will allow us to connect with our US and international customers, ”said Bjorn gulden Chairman and CEO of PUMA SE. “I think investing in this new store, in one of the fastest growing cities in the world, will help us in our quest to become the fastest sports brand in the world. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of sport, fashion and tech., and this store is the latest manifestation of that commitment. ”
- PUMA has partnered with renowned artists and designers to bring their exclusive PUMA x YOU personalization studio to the store. Consumers can personalize and personalize PUMA shoes, clothing and accessories using paints, dips, dyes, quilting, embroidery, 3D knitting, laser printing, pinning, material recycling and many other creative media. New artist residencies start every two weeks – including collaborative partners like Sue Tsai, BWOOD, Maria Jahnkoy, Even. and Pintrill, with other artists announced later this year.
- Starting Labor Day Weekend with the Kings of Personalization, the store will launch Chinatown Market University, where store customers can personalize their PUMA clothing, footwear and accessories using Chinatown’s cutting-edge printing technology. Market. The Chinatown Market team will also be teaching classes on various DIY and customization methods to help inspire the next generation of creatives. Beyond the flagship store, Chinatown Market University, a program launched in collaboration with PUMA, will appear in various forms through 2020.
- Underlining PUMA’s long-standing commitment to powersports, consumers can jump into professional-grade F1 racing simulators and virtually hit the streets of New York City – the same brand ambassadors of the company Lewis hamilton and Aston Martin Red Bull Racing driver Max Verstappen use for training when they are not on the track.
- If football is more their speed, consumers can try out the latest PUMA shoes on the in-store simulator that mimics the pitch at San Siro stadium, while being virtually coached by PUMA brand ambassadors and professional footballers Antoine Griezmann and Romelu. Lukaku.
- In the new PUMA store, customers can view products in alternative colors and styles with iMirror by NOBAL placed throughout the store. The mirror allows the RFID product to display alternative selections based on the item the consumer is trying on. Plus, consumers can press a button to let an associate know they need mirror help and register for in-store events.
- Consumers can relax and enjoy the stadium seating and the NBA2K gaming experience on the big screen in the basketball court. The basketball area will also feature state-of-the-art technology, including QR codes located on all products.
“PUMA continues to experience solid growth within North America and this new store reaffirms our commitment to this important market, ”said Bob philion, President of PUMA North America. “From visitors to this iconic city to longtime New Yorkers, we are thrilled to open our doors to a vibrant and diverse community that aligns with our ‘Forever Faster’ mentality.”
Throughout the year, the new York The flagship will also offer exclusive collections designed by brand ambassadors and selected athletes, and will host authentic unique events and experiences for New York City. The flagship store will carry the full line of PUMA products, including lifestyle, basketball, motorsports, golf, performance, soccer and kids.
Consumers can discover the store’s unique offers during the opening weekend, August 29 to September 2, with events that include in-store performances, fitness activations and exclusive opening weekend merchandise.
The PUMA Fifth Avenue store will be open Monday through Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 8 p.m. For more information, please visit puma.com.
Melissa Garbayo – NORTH AMERICA RP – PUMA – [email protected]
PUMA is one of the world’s leading sports brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, clothing and accessories. For 70 years, PUMA has relentlessly advanced sport and culture by creating fast products for the world’s fastest athletes. PUMA offers sports-inspired performance and lifestyle products in categories such as Soccer, Running & Training, Basketball, Golf and Motorsports. He collaborates with renowned designers and brands to bring sporting influences into street culture and fashion. The PUMA group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd. The company distributes its products in more than 120 countries, employs more than 13,000 people worldwide and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach /Germany. For more information, please visit http://www.puma.com.